Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wild Man


Our first Christmas with a child has come and gone. It was all I hoped it would be and it flew by. Micah got lots of new toys...mostly ones he can chew on. Will got the usual grown up gifts (clothes, cologne, a weight vest...and yes, he asked for that), and I got an iphone! I'm loving my new toy!
Unrelated, Micah turned 5 months old yesterday! I cannot believe that it was 5 months ago that our lives changed and we welcomed this little angel into our lives. He has been so active lately and every day brings something new that he does. Yesterday, I strapped him down in his bouncy seat, which I always do when I shower so I can watch him. I was lathered up with soap and shampoo when I looked through the door and saw him holding onto the bar that hangs over his seat and trying to thrust his body forward...he was escaping! So I opened the door and pushed him back in, getting water all over him and the floor. I kept saying "Just a minute Micah, just let me rinse off and I'll get you out." So I continued my shower, thinking that surely he would forget that he could escape, but no...he did it again 2 seconds later. So I opened that door and pushed him back into the chair again, and at this point he had figured out how to lean all the way forward and was pushing the buttons below the chair. Needless to say, I finished rinsing off with the door wide open, soaking the floor even more, and as I was getting out, Micah saw a towel hanging on the doorknob and lunged for it. I caught him just as the bouncy seat foot came off the floor. This child has become a wild man. If he sees something that he wants, he goes for it and we are in trouble now. He is about to be on the move. Hopefully he can hold off on crawling for at least another month or two. I thought that the bouncy seat would last more than 5 months, but I guess I'll be placing it in the attic for our next kid. AND I saw the tip of Micah's first tooth today. He's gonna be walking before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment