Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sick with a baby

This weekend has been an interesting one. It started off Friday night when my husband Will surprised me with a night at the Westin, dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (my fav), and a chick flick. I knew that he had a special date planned, but I have to admit that when I found out it was going to be overnight, I panicked a little. We have only left Micah overnight once and it was a couple of weeks ago. He did fine that night, but we had tried it when he was two months old, and it ended when my mom called me at midnight in tears because he wouldn't take a bottle from her. That little stinker. I trust my parents more than anyone with Micah, but an overnight trip for Micah is a lot of preparation...he owns a lot of stuff! Anyway, I was able to pack us up easily, thanks wo Will's help on his snow day, and we were off. We had a great dinner, the movie was cute, the hotel was beautiful, and just as we were going to bed at midnight I got a text from my mom saying that Micah had spit up all of the formula she gave him and she was down to 2 oz of breastmilk, and he was still awake. I called her and told her what I thought (weird that I can now tell my mom how to take care of a kid) and at the end of the conversation said hesitantly, "well, do you want me to come get him??" She said no (praise the Lord) and we were able to get a good night's sleep. Micah ended up sleeping from 1am-6am, so all was not lost. I, however, woke up with a stomach virus at 7am Saturday and we had to head home early. I'm sure my parents were fine with that. Poor Will has had to deal with Micah (besides feeding him) for the past 36 hours due to this virus I had. It sucks to be sick, but it sucks even more when you have to take care of a baby. Luckily, I think the virus was only a 24-hour deal and I think I'm in the clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment