Thursday, March 11, 2010

7 months!?!

I'm long overdue for an update, so here it goes...

Micah is 7 months old! Where did the time go? At his 6 month appointment he was 17lbs 10 oz and 28 1/4 inches long. I'm not sure where the height is coming from, but hopefully he'll be taller than me! He's cruising through his fruits and vegetables with no problems and loves to eat!
A typical day for us goes something like this:

8:15am- Micah wakes up and immediately sits straight up and starts talking (bababa, mamama, dadada, nanana), eats 1/2 jar baby food fruit and 1-2 tablespoons baby rice cereal or oatmeal

9:30- plays for about 30-45 minutes which consists of him crawling around and getting into everything he can, and me pulling him away from the fireplace, DVDs, magazines, etc. saying "no no". But it's so fun to watch him explore his world!

10 or 10:30- Micah nurses for about 20 minutes and falls asleep for his morning nap. He's still a cat napper, so the nap usually lasts 30-45 minutes.

Around 11- Micah nurses again, then plays some more

12:30- Lunch (1/2 jar baby food and 1-2 tablespoons rice cereal), then nurses

1:15- We usually try to go somewhere, whether it be the park, shopping, to see Aunt Britt, or something else to just get out of the house

2:00- another 30-45 minute catnap

Around 2:30- Nurses, then plays

Around 4:00- Snack of 2-3oz juice or 1/2 jar baby food, then plays

Around 5:00- another 30-45 minute catnap

Around 6:30- Dinner (2 tablespoons rice cereal or 1 tablespoon rice cereal and 1/2 jar baby food), then nurses

7:00- Bath time- Micah's favorite part of the day! He loves playing in the bubbles and sitting in his bath sear with his toys

Between 8 &9- Nursing and singing Micah to sleep

Then time for me and Will to hang out alone!

There's lots of crawling, pulling up, and mischief in between, and at some point, I usually get a shower while Micah plays in his walker. At the end of the day, I am exhausted! He really keeps me on my toes. Now that he can pull up, he thinks he's invincible and tries to pull up on everything. He's had a few head bumps, which I'm sure will not be his last.
Yesterday, I came in his room after his nap to find him pulled up to standing at the side of his crib just grinning! We lowered his crib mattress for the second time in 2 weeks and it's now at the lowest setting. It's quite a challenge for me to lay him down since I'm so short! He also has his first tooth, which I discovered on Monday. I thought he was cutting one a few months ago, but it disappeared and reappeared on Monday. Now that it's cut through, he's back to sleeping at least 7-8 hours straight, which Will and I are really grateful for!

As you can see, things are moving fast these days. It's bittersweet for me. I love watching Micah develop as he moves through his milestones, and it's exciting to see him do new things, but I'm sad that my baby is turning into a big boy! Sometimes I just have to stop and take a minute to thank God for our beautiful son, realizing that every moment with him is so precious.

1 comment:

  1. He's so big!! He needs to slow down so his bff Baby M can catch up to him someday soon :)

    ReplyDelete